Carb adjustments on Honda HRM215 mower?

chelydra

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would appreciate help from anyone who knows...

My old but reliable HRM215 K4SDA was damaged when a stick somehow jammed under the carb. It bent the choke wire and part of the steel stamping. After straightening everything out, it starts and runs fine again. Two questions:

1. Slightly higher speed/power would sometimes be helpful, if it won't blow up the engine. I can't find an obvious adjustment for this. Do I just stiffen the spring to the governor a bit, or are there high-speed throttle and/or mixture screws? Or is this a factory pre-set that should be left alone?

2, There's an important-looking screw on the block side of the carb. It has a pointer on one edge, and only moves about 1/8 turn. It looks like the one labeled "22" in the attached diagram (for a different model, from boats.com). Unfortunately, the part names on that page end at #21. Turning it doesn't seem to have any effect at any engine speed. Could someone here please describe its function?

Thanks for all help - the budget requires that I keep this mower working for a long time!

-Chelydra

Attachments

• 1400B.png
    1400B.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: