Cant turn left anymore.. :O(

platinumaa

Threads
i have a 2006 super LT 1550.. was mowing grass this am and noticed when i turned left the steering wheel will turn a little more than it actually turned.. than a little more.. now i cant turn left at all.. steering wheel just spins, right works fine though...

could the culprit be part #11 on the parts manual (page 6).. parts manual:

http://www.cubcadet.info/Manuels/2007/1500-SERIES-SLT-GT)/PARTS/13AQ11BP710_13AK11BK710_Pa_07.pdf

any other suggestions?

i appreciate the help!

thanks

platinumaa

Threads
anyone have a suggestion for this topic?

thanks!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have a 2006 super LT 1550.. was mowing grass this am and noticed when i turned left the steering wheel will turn a little more than it actually turned.. than a little more.. now i cant turn left at all.. steering wheel just spins, right works fine though...

could the culprit be part #11 on the parts manual (page 6).. parts manual:

http://www.cubcadet.info/Manuels/2007/1500-SERIES-SLT-GT)/PARTS/13AQ11BP710_13AK11BK710_Pa_07.pdf

any other suggestions?

i appreciate the help!

thanks

The gear teeth on part #10 ( steering gear ) is the culprit in this case but when repairing it is always recommended to change both mating gears so replace the pinion gear #11 also . That's why it will still turn right and not left. Mowing in a CCW direction the left turn gear teeth get most of the wear.

Also when the bearings / bushings that support these two gears become worn the gear teeth are allowed to walk apart under pressure and soon become what might be called - a stripped gear- that's what your tractor has to the left.

These gears and bearings / bushings never get lubricated and what you are seeing is the end result. Many people say - "oh don't grease that because it will attract dirt". Well I can tell those many people something. There is dirt there whether we like it or not because it is open to atmosphere, so do you want dry dirt or lubricated dirt. I've found bearings, bushings and gears with lubricated dirt on those components work a lot longer than those same components with dry dirt.

platinumaa

Threads
i purchased both of those parts.. should be in friday.. please give me some guidance/tips on how to remove and replace them..

thanks!