Can't Identify Sample/Test engine on my mower. It's a Kohler

Re: Can't Identify Sample/Test engine on my mower. Update: Prototype Aegis 23HP

On a 6 post, 3 position ignition switch, is there supposed to be a post that is key hot? I'm getting the nominal 41 volts out of the 2 AC connectors on the reg/rec but where does the 12v DC come from on the middle connector? Where does it connect to? (the B+ middle connector on the reg/rec) I checked it with the engine running and I get NOTHING.

The 12v may go through the key switch, but the B terminal on the regulator can also be wired to the + terminal on the battery or the terminal on the B+ side of the solenoid.

In the last few years Kohler has recommend that the wire connected to the B terminal on the regulator be wired battery hot.
 
Re: Can't Identify Sample/Test engine on my mower. Update: Prototype Aegis 23HP

The 12v may go through the key switch, but the B terminal on the regulator can also be wired to the + terminal on the battery or the terminal on the B+ side of the solenoid.

In the last few years Kohler has recommend that the wire connected to the B terminal on the regulator be wired battery hot.
That's what I was leaning towards due to the fact that someone had BUTCHERED the wiring on this machine prior to my purchase. Thanks again.
 
All is working now. It's charging at almost 14 volts and I've got the mower working now. Just mowed my 5 acre yard and it performed just as it should. Thanks to all who provided info and assistance.
 
Back
Top