Can't get RotoStop assembly back together

bobt98

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi, first post here. I have a problem with the RotoStop assembly on an HRR2165VXA, MZCG mower. The cable to the blade clutch is loose and will not engage the clutch at the clutch plate on the bottom of the mower. When I try to engage the clutch by pulling the blade clutch lever at the control, nothing happens--cable doesn't even move at the clutch assembly. Tightening the cable at the adjustment where it goes into the RotoStop assembly did not seem to help. I thought the cable may be broken so, I took off the RotoStop assembly, to check. Cable is still good but may be stretched too much. It does move freely if I pull it manually.

My big problem is that in taking off the RotoStop Assembly, some parts fell out--a metal bushing and an equally sized, spring.
I do not know how to reassemble.

There was a similar post back in 2013 with a RotoStop assembly problem. He showed a diagram of the assembly but I cannot tell from it where things go, as the parts diagram he showed has no labels.

Honda HRR216VYA Roto Stop issues https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/honda-hrr216vya-roto-stop-issues.18261/

Can someone tell me where to get a clear assembly diagram and how to get the thing back together, after I replace the cable? I seem to have it working but have that extra spring and bushing--mystery.

Thank you.