Can't figure out Cub Cadet PTO Belt- Need Help

rviscio

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hoping someone can help me. I've got a Cub Cadet series 2000 lawn tractor (I inherited it from an uncle). This mower has two belts. A drive belt and the PTO belt for just the blades--- they are completely separate. The PTO belt went bad after years of use. I looked at the manual and had conversation with Cub Cadet directly. The part identified for the PTO belt is for a 38" deck and is 59". However, this wayyyy to small. It wouldn't even get around the nearest pulley...let alone 4 of them. The belt I pulled off is 111 inches (I cut it and measure it's total length). How can it be that the manual and part identified for this tractor is completely wrong? More importantly, how do I get the right belt?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How about getting us the model and serial number from under the seat so we can see what we can find for you.

rviscio

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about getting us the model and serial number from under the seat so we can see what we can find for you.

Model # is 2135 13B-214F100.... I cannot find a serial number anywhere... there is another number... the "Mfg. Code"... but no one could figure out what that was...but they said it was not the serial number....

I looked at the manual again. It lists the "Deck Blade Belt" as being 38" deck, part no. 954-3029. That is the belt they sent me that was 59 inches. Then the manual lists the "Tractor to Deck Belt." That is part no. 954-3055A. Out of curiosity I just looked that up and that belt is 112 inches. Maybe I got the belts confused??? I assume the Deck Blade Belt would be the belt that turns the blades. That belt, on my tractor, is the one I took off and the one that measures approx 111 inches. Yet the part for the Tractor to DEck Belt seems to be a match??

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
59" for a deck belt sounds about right...the spindles on a 38" deck should only be about 19" apart. That leaves you 40" to run around the drive pulley and idlers.

The mower drive belt is much longer.

The 2000 Series are well-designed in my opinion. Mine's 23 or 24 years old, still going strong.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the 3029 belt would be the spindle to spindle drive belt, the 3055 would be the engine to left spindle belt.

rviscio

Forum Newbie
Threads
the 3029 belt would be the spindle to spindle drive belt, the 3055 would be the engine to left spindle belt.

Forgive me for my lack of understanding here. On this model, the belt that turns the blades works like this--- it runs from a spindle underneath the seat, just above the deck (this is the spindle attached to the blades), to two spindles under the front of the engine, which guide it up to a 4th spindle attached to the engine. When this belt snapped, the tractor still drives...the blades just don't work. This led me to believe that this belt was what the manual calls the "Deck Blade Belt." The part cited in the manual for the Deck Blade Belt is only 59" long. That is nowhere near the 111 or inches of the belt that I described above. Did I get this wrong? Is the part I need actually the "Tractor to Deck Belt" which is the other belt listed in the manual?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is not the deck blade belt. The long belt is the "Tractor to Deck Belt."

The tractor itself is not driven by a belt--it's a shaft drive which comes off the flywheel side of the engine.

rviscio

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is not the deck blade belt. The long belt is the "Tractor to Deck Belt."

The tractor itself is not driven by a belt--it's a shaft drive which comes off the flywheel side of the engine.

Yes...Thank you...finally figured it out.