Can you identify this rider?

jb4249

Member
I was told this was a 1956 K-Mart brand riding mower. I don't know, looks like it could be a Huffy. i am in Northern KY near Cincinnati, and Huffy's came out of Dayton. Engine looks like a 3.5 or 4HP Briggs. About 19" or 20" cut. Blade looks to be direct from the engine. haven't a S/N tag yet but will look tomorrow. I enjoy messing with old mowers and tractors, my goal here is to make it run and drive. :wink:
Any input is welcome.
 

Attachments

  • 100_6572.jpg
    100_6572.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_6573.jpg
    100_6573.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_6574.jpg
    100_6574.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 36
I added the first picture to show you the size. The second is the numbers off of the engine. It is a Briggs, can anyone tell me the year or HP?
 

Attachments

  • 100_6576.jpg
    100_6576.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_6577.jpg
    100_6577.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 32
I did some research and believe it is a Mowett Mustang, late 60's early 70's. The motor is shot but the transmission works, forward - netural - and reverse. I have a spare B&S that might fit. We'll see if it dirves, and maybe fits my grandson. I had to correct the name after some more research.
Thanks, JB4249
 
Last edited:
Back
Top