Export thread

Can you identify this Lawn Boy? Need to know...

D

DaMikey

Hi folks,

Just found this forum, so first off, hello everyone! Looking to buy this lawn boy but trying to do a bit of research on it before I put down the cash.

Can anyone help me identify what model it is? I've looked and looked but can't match it to anything. All I have to go on is that it's a 5hp commercial mower.

Thanks in advance everyone!

LB.JPG

MJ

P

Pcfithian

It looks like a cast aluminum deck with a 4 stroke (Briggs?) engine.

Not a real Lawn Boy.

If you are looking for a Lawn Boy, best bet is a 2-stroke F engine type with a cast deck. Check your local Craigslist.

Check the Excel spreadsheet in this thread for a complete guide to models and features:
Lawn Boy Model Number logic? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

It looks like a cast aluminum deck with a 4 stroke (Briggs?) engine.

Not a real Lawn Boy.

If you are looking for a Lawn Boy, best bet is a 2-stroke F engine type with a cast deck. Check your local Craigslist.

Check the Excel spreadsheet in this thread for a complete guide to models and features:
Lawn Boy Model Number logic? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Thanks for the interesting link. I'll check out the spreadsheet when I have some time.

I agree about the F-series engine with a Mag/Al deck -- best push mower ever, IMO. :thumbsup:

D

DaMikey

Perfect folks! Just the info I was looking for. I passed it up and will hold out for a cast deck F series...hopefully lol.

MJ

P

Pcfithian

You may also consider a magnesium deck "Suitcase" type with a D601 or later engine. I just acquired this 5274 and am in the process of restoring it.

I also have an S19ZPN for sale in excellent condition with new engine seals and a rebuilt carb, but I am far away from Canada.

Attachments

crossingpress

crossingpress

Lawn Boy Question...

Need help with obtaining a repair manual for a 1971 Lawn Boy. The model I have is a Lawn Boy with International Harvester name on it.
Had contacted Lawn Boy & IH and they could not help me.
I have the original "Operator's Manual" but it does not give me any spec for the settings the carburetor float bowl or much of anything else other then the basics. HELP!!!
It runs great, still using it regularly, but it's a dog to start at times.
If I could maybe obtain the Lawn Boy cross reference model# that may help me with finding the information I need?!??!

The International Harvester information...
Model # 3311
Serial # 0330011u009511
19" recoil start, push type, with catcher
Two-cycle with a magnesium frame

Fish

Fish

I tried searching under Cub Cadet 3311,
Is this your mower?

IH3311 Photo by my_crib_too | Photobucket

Fish

Fish

Yeah, there are a lot of Lawnboy nuts out there who could give you a close Lawnboy Model number, I never was that into them.
The IPLs I found had all of the parts with IH part numbers, not Lawnboy.

crossingpress

crossingpress

Yes, that's the one! Just the first two pics. The othesr are not.
I'll look under Cub Cadet 3311 and see what I can find!
Thx!
joe

I tried searching under Cub Cadet 3311,
Is this your mower?

IH3311 Photo by my_crib_too | Photobucket

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Re: Lawn Boy Question...

Need help with obtaining a repair manual for a 1971 Lawn Boy. The model I have is a Lawn Boy with International Harvester name on it.
Had contacted Lawn Boy & IH and they could not help me.
I have the original "Operator's Manual" but it does not give me any spec for the settings the carburetor float bowl or much of anything else other then the basics. HELP!!!
It runs great, still using it regularly, but it's a dog to start at times.
If I could maybe obtain the Lawn Boy cross reference model# that may help me with finding the information I need?!??!

The International Harvester information...
Model # 3311
Serial # 0330011u009511
19" recoil start, push type, with catcher
Two-cycle with a magnesium frame

Try this link for a shop manual which should cover your mower:

LAWN-BOY SERVICE MANUAL 1950-88 (FORM 492-4608, INTERNET REVISION)

I think you probably have a D-series engine but a photo would help ID it.

P

Phototone

The International Harvester branded Lawnboy I have is a D series engine machine. It's just a Lawnboy painted a different color with different Decals. All Lawnboy parts. Should have no issues repairing.

crossingpress

crossingpress

Yeah, there are a lot of Lawnboy nuts out there who could give you a close Lawnboy Model number, I never was that into them.
The IPLs I found had all of the parts with IH part numbers, not Lawnboy.

What are IPLs? I'm still have problems with finding the correct parts for this. Matter fact just received parts from K&T and they a were wrong.

Thanks for your help!

crossingpress

crossingpress

The International Harvester branded Lawnboy I have is a D series engine machine. It's just a Lawnboy painted a different color with different Decals. All Lawnboy parts. Should have no issues repairing.

Well I wish it was that easy. Just received an order from K&T parts and some of the parts were wrong. Any chance you would know my mower's Lawnboy's equivalent model# & serial#?

I have other pics but I'm not sure how one posts them within this forum?

Thanks for all your help!
crossingpress

Attachments

P

Phototone

Well I wish it was that easy. Just received an order from K&T parts and some of the parts were wrong. Any chance you would know my mower's Lawnboy's equivalent model# & serial#?

I have other pics but I'm not sure how one posts them within this forum?

Thanks for all your help!
crossingpress

I realize this is an old thread. Your mower uses a D-600 engine with very early electronic (pointless) ignition coil. Most, if not all D-600 series parts should be correct. The main difference is a custom shroud, and the overall paint scheme.

beg

beg

I recall using that model when I was young and stupid mowing a farm yard for an older gentleman. I hit two ground stakes was mowing 3 foot high weeds and even sat on it and rode it down the road. Most of the time when I get a d motor and its fussy it usally has to do with the needle and seat in the carb. They must wear from all the vibration after a few thousand hours.I tried to get that mower from him because it was kinda cool but his son the mechanic straight gassed it and ruined the motor.

R

r1100ron

Looks just like my 7263....right down to the "D-600" (D series engine) sticker on the recoil spring housing.

T

TorqueMonster

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to comment on how Awesome that IH/LawnBoy mower is. I'd love to own one if anyone has one or knows of one. Thank You! Mark