Can you identify this Lawn Boy? Need to know...

DaMikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks,

Just found this forum, so first off, hello everyone! Looking to buy this lawn boy but trying to do a bit of research on it before I put down the cash.

Can anyone help me identify what model it is? I've looked and looked but can't match it to anything. All I have to go on is that it's a 5hp commercial mower.

Thanks in advance everyone!

LB.JPG

MJ

Pcfithian

Threads

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks like a cast aluminum deck with a 4 stroke (Briggs?) engine.

Not a real Lawn Boy.

If you are looking for a Lawn Boy, best bet is a 2-stroke F engine type with a cast deck. Check your local Craigslist.

Check the Excel spreadsheet in this thread for a complete guide to models and features:
Lawn Boy Model Number logic? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Thanks for the interesting link. I'll check out the spreadsheet when I have some time.

I agree about the F-series engine with a Mag/Al deck -- best push mower ever, IMO. :thumbsup:

DaMikey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Perfect folks! Just the info I was looking for. I passed it up and will hold out for a cast deck F series...hopefully lol.

MJ

Pcfithian

Threads
You may also consider a magnesium deck "Suitcase" type with a D601 or later engine. I just acquired this 5274 and am in the process of restoring it.

I also have an S19ZPN for sale in excellent condition with new engine seals and a rebuilt carb, but I am far away from Canada.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 41

crossingpress

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawn Boy Question...

Need help with obtaining a repair manual for a 1971 Lawn Boy. The model I have is a Lawn Boy with International Harvester name on it.
Had contacted Lawn Boy & IH and they could not help me.
I have the original "Operator's Manual" but it does not give me any spec for the settings the carburetor float bowl or much of anything else other then the basics. HELP!!!
It runs great, still using it regularly, but it's a dog to start at times.
If I could maybe obtain the Lawn Boy cross reference model# that may help me with finding the information I need?!??!

The International Harvester information...
Model # 3311
Serial # 0330011u009511
19" recoil start, push type, with catcher
Two-cycle with a magnesium frame

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, there are a lot of Lawnboy nuts out there who could give you a close Lawnboy Model number, I never was that into them.
The IPLs I found had all of the parts with IH part numbers, not Lawnboy.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Lawn Boy Question...

Need help with obtaining a repair manual for a 1971 Lawn Boy. The model I have is a Lawn Boy with International Harvester name on it.
Had contacted Lawn Boy & IH and they could not help me.
I have the original "Operator's Manual" but it does not give me any spec for the settings the carburetor float bowl or much of anything else other then the basics. HELP!!!
It runs great, still using it regularly, but it's a dog to start at times.
If I could maybe obtain the Lawn Boy cross reference model# that may help me with finding the information I need?!??!

The International Harvester information...
Model # 3311
Serial # 0330011u009511
19" recoil start, push type, with catcher
Two-cycle with a magnesium frame

Try this link for a shop manual which should cover your mower:

LAWN-BOY SERVICE MANUAL 1950-88 (FORM 492-4608, INTERNET REVISION)

I think you probably have a D-series engine but a photo would help ID it.