Can anyone help me with this?

blacktrain

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ransomes Greenspro 20 walk behind mower. When I engage the clutch the machine goes way too fast, you almost have to run to keep up with it. How do I control the speed of the machine. The more throttle you use the faster the machine goes, and it's way way too fast. I have a user's manual but it's no help. Seems like you should be able to run the engine at whatever r.p.m. you want and control the forward speed of the machine. I would sincerely appreciate anyone's help. Thanks...

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Watch how system engages ( motor not running ) you will see that the assembly has an adjustment rod . Back off the nut a few turns . You Will be reducing belt tension and this will slow your ground speed .

blacktrain

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are no belts on this machine. You have a rear roll clutch (for mowing in confined spaces) or you can operate the machine on the centrifugal clutch and throttle control (for continuous mowing of unrestricted grass areas. I have disassembled all the clutches and cleaned them and lubricated them. They all work with chain and sprockets. I have adjusted all the chains for the correct tension according to the owners manual. The clutches are all in good shape and working correctly. This is why I do not understand why I can't control my walk behind speed. I really appreciate everyone's help. I will keep trying different things and if anybody has any ideas shoot them my way. Again, Thank you all for your much needed help.

benski

Threads
There are no belts on this machine. You have a rear roll clutch (for mowing in confined spaces) or you can operate the machine on the centrifugal clutch and throttle control (for continuous mowing of unrestricted grass areas. I have disassembled all the clutches and cleaned them and lubricated them. They all work with chain and sprockets. I have adjusted all the chains for the correct tension according to the owners manual. The clutches are all in good shape and working correctly. This is why I do not understand why I can't control my walk behind speed. I really appreciate everyone's help. I will keep trying different things and if anybody has any ideas shoot them my way. Again, Thank you all for your much needed help.
Not to be too flippant, but how about a sulky?