Can’t get my 1 year old cub cadet to start

Jody L

Forum Newbie
Threads
Won’t start. Gets fuel to carburetor but won’t start. Put a new on on, still won’t start

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So is this a push mower, riding mower, Z turn, Side by side, tiller, snow thrower, or something else. We are guessing what piece of equipment that you have that won't start. How about providing us with a model number so we can see what won't start

Jody L

Forum Newbie
Threads
So is this a push mower, riding mower, Z turn, Side by side, tiller, snow thrower, or something else. We are guessing what piece of equipment that you have that won't start. How about providing us with a model number so we can see what won't start
Riding mower. 2022 XT1
Kohler 7000 series engine

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check for rust on the magneto
It is really good that you took the time & made the effort to post a reply and I for one appreciate it when others respond
However before you do so it would be really beneficial is you checked what you are posting was factually correct which what you posted is not .

This gets really really boreing .
But once again for those who were asleep during high school science or went to a school that taught creationism & not science
Rust has ZERO effect on a magneto unless it is thick enough to bridge the air gap which is not a problem either because it will be hydrated at that distance off the steel so will flake off the instant the magnet passes by it
Some rust under the the laminations where the coil sits on the posts can add resistance which can affect the timing chip inside but even that is rare .
The rust that does make a difference is when it gets between the laminations and splays them out which if bad enough will reduce the energy in the spark but to do that they have to be a long way apart .

motomike

Threads
Are you sure you're pushing the throttle control well into the choke zone before starting? I have a Cub with the 25hp K745 7000 series Kohler and this engine seems pretty picky about being choked properly when cold.

Throttle lever goes all the way to the detent, then push a little harder to enter the choke zone.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And verify the choke is actually fully closing as the cable might need adjusting.

Also when you replaced the carburetor was it OEM or after market?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess I goofed. Wish I was as smart as you .
To be honest I do have a science degree
However magnetism is taught in high school ( well it is in Australia, UK, most of the EU )
However egos with Feaces Book accounts post You Tube videos about thinks they have zero knowledge or understanding about then it gets picked up by others because they have not been taught properly to check everything .
Thus urban myths get borne and spread because people do not question what they read or underst the difference between primary sources, secondary sources , tertiary sources & common knowledge the latter of which s rarely true.
Good parents teach their children to read
Wise parents teach their children to question what they read

Forest#2

Threads
Momma says:
Three things needed for a gas engine's promise to run, fuel, ignition at the proper time, compression.

Give it a manual squirt of prime of gas, if no go check for spark, if no go check for compression.

Let us know which one's are not found and which ones are found.