Can’t find fuse for lights

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something to keep in mind is the light circuit may not show 12 volts DC because the lighting circuit could be AC. I am not sure what a DC meter will show when connected to AC.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Something to keep in mind is the light circuit may not show 12 volts DC because the lighting circuit could be AC. I am not sure what a DC meter will show when connected to AC.
It is DC.
1682082854912.png

Danpoet

Threads
Normally the green wire would be ground. Are you saying that you have two wires to each bulb, one blue and one green? Are you saying that you wired the fuse into the green wire? Are you saying the lights only come on when you turn the switch to the lights position with the engine running? If so I would say that you solved your problem, as the lights should only come on with the engine running. Sorry for the questions, but I’m not there to see what you have.
I wired the fuse into the green side. I replaced it with a 14v lamp in series with the green wire. When I go to lamps position after startup, the light comes on indicating a short somewhere.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would thinking AC because it shows the alternator wire without a regulator or diode straight to A2 and in the run 1 position it connects from A2 to L and then straight to headlights, and then goes to the ground side of the equation. I didn't see any place that it would connect to the rectified side of the alternator unless they are not showing the regulator. But they are also not showing a diode for the alternator to A1 connection.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would thinking AC because it shows the alternator wire without a regulator or diode straight to A2 and in the run 1 position it connects from A2 to L and then straight to headlights, and then goes to the ground side of the equation. I didn't see any place that it would connect to the rectified side of the alternator unless they are not showing the regulator. But they are also not showing a diode for the alternator to A1 connection.
Thanks for point out that connection and yes it would be AC in this case. I didn't have time this morning to go over the circuit in detail as customers were sitting in the driveway when I got here.

Forgive an old fart this morning I have been swapped with work for the last 1-1/2 months. Finally seeing a little daylight at the end of the tunnel.

Danpoet

Threads
I understand completely! I’m an old fart myself. We are traveling this morning for our daughter’s bday and grandson as well. Can’t believe our daughter is 39!
Still not sure what to look for. Does look like a short of some kind?

Danpoet

Threads
Do you think it has something to do with the alternator output?
I thought about disconnecting the A2 alternator wire, and running a wire from the B connection to the A2 terminal on the switch. I wouldn’t just run the lights from the battery without having the mower running, as it would run the battery down.
Do you think the added drain on the battery with it running would be made up by the alternator, or would it be an excessive current drain like it is now when I try to run the lights off the alternator output?

Danpoet

Threads
I put a new connector for the lights, and added a fuse holder as well. Cleaned all the connectors with contact cleaner. The lights work, and the amp draw is only .3 amps.