BUYING NEW - EXMARK PIONEER 60" OR EXMARK QUEST 5O" FOR 3 ACRES OF CUTTING

Abosco14

Threads
  • / BUYING NEW - EXMARK PIONEER 60" OR EXMARK QUEST 5O" FOR 3 ACRES OF CUTTING
HEY I AM BUYING A NEW AND FIRST ZT. I HAVE 3 ACRES OF GRASS TO CUT. I AM LOOKING AT THE QUEST AND THE PIONEER. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE QUEST WOULD DO IT, BUT IT WOULD BE PUSHING IT AND THAT THE PIONEER WOULD BE MORE SUITABLE. HOWEVER THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS??
I HAVE ALSO BEEN LOOKING AT THE HUSTLER RAPTOR SD 54". THANKS EVERYONE!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / BUYING NEW - EXMARK PIONEER 60" OR EXMARK QUEST 5O" FOR 3 ACRES OF CUTTING
Re: BUYING NEW - EXMARK PIONEER 60" OR EXMARK QUEST 5O" FOR 3 ACRES OF CUTTING

HEY I AM BUYING A NEW AND FIRST ZT. I HAVE 3 ACRES OF GRASS TO CUT. I AM LOOKING AT THE QUEST AND THE PIONEER. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE QUEST WOULD DO IT, BUT IT WOULD BE PUSHING IT AND THAT THE PIONEER WOULD BE MORE SUITABLE. HOWEVER THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS??
I HAVE ALSO BEEN LOOKING AT THE HUSTLER RAPTOR SD 54". THANKS EVERYONE!

There are many brands out there that offer a mower that can handle your property with ease. I wouldn't just look into two brands. I would check every brand available in your area. I, for instance, mow 4.2 acres with a 48" snapper pro s150xt and it takes me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to mow it. All of the brands out there offer great mowers. Some just cost a lot more. You will find that just about every brand offers a similar drive train and fabricated decks. Exmark mowers are great machines. They are just a little over priced imo. Hustler also offers a good product, and the raptor sd should handle your property easily as well. It just depends on what you want. The raptor sd is a higher end residential mower like the quest. The pioneer is a low end commercial mower. I went with snapper pro because I wanted a higher end commercial mower and the s150xt was the most affordable. There is also a great snapper pro/ferris dealer in my area. Dealer support should also weigh into your decision. What is your budget? Are there any inclines on your property? Is the lawn fairly smooth or is the terrain pretty rough? What kind of obstacles do you have on your lawn (fences, trees, ponds etc)?