Buying a second machine for small areas

Twinkle

Threads
While a larger mower is obviously the choice for large areas what do you do for the smaller pieces of grassed land that you can't reach? Is a strimmer good enough?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Small spots are great for line trimmers, either gas or electric... If you have a lot of smallish spaces a very narrow electric push mower can be handy... :smile:KennyV

littleAudrey

Threads
I have a very small and lightweight hover mower that I use for the smaller areas and it's very easy to use. It's the big field out back that causes me problems!

grnspot110

Threads
A trimmer works, but I keep a 22" push mower to mow around the garden, fish pond & compost bins, does a smoother job than a trimmer! ~~ grnspot110

Twinkle

Threads
Thanks for the ideas and advice. If we are going to be mowing around caravans I will need something lightweight and easy to use. I never thought of a push mower. I suppose strimmers are better for really small areas. I want something I can leave on site and it not be a major attraction to the light fingered :).

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Joe_0_2.jpg
    Joe_0_2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Porter%2520Cable.jpg
    Porter%2520Cable.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 21

Green Girl

Threads
We had a battery powered Black & Decker mower while we were moving around a lot with the military. The battery was rechargable of course. It was a pretty compact machine and we never had to deal with gasoline, gas cans, oil. No cord to risk cutting. I highly recommend one.

adan

Threads
This is an interesting thread. Ride-on mowers have no way around grasses that grow in between roots of trees that protrude. In this case, yes, trimmers would help. For grasses on corners, I think we can afford a little discomfort using hedge shears.