businesses insurance help

jbmannojr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm14 and I have my own business. I'm covered under my dad's home owners but I want an employee and he will not be. I do not want any different insurance. what is another legal option such as papers his parents can sign or a contact I can make up?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good luck... and it is commendable that you are looking at the 'legal' ramifications of operating a business... Eventually you will encounter liability AND workers compensation problems... I don't think there are any short cuts.... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
In the UK at least, you would find it difficult, if not impossible to get insurance for an employee when you're only 14, but perhaps it is different in America...

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Like KennyV says it is commendable you are wanting to be legal. Assuming you don't have a federal tax ID number for you business since you are so young. Then you can't insure an employee. Also double check that home owners coverage. Once you leave your property and mow for $ i doubt you are covered. That being said don't get freaked out. Check with your local agents it'll be reasonable for you. I use shelter insurance for my company and We insure all our equipment from the trailers to trucks to the mowers ect. I thought the mowers and i was covered under my home owners as well until an incident happened. We are set up as an LLC and hire everyone as a sub contractor then send them a 1099 at the end of the year. Keep up the hard work and clear thinking and you'll be push mowing your way to a 6 figure company before you finish college.

MCYardcare

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure if your worried about him getting hurt or him doing damage to some ones property. If I were you I would email an agent. I would also double check that home owners as mentioned above.

What I really want to say is enjoy being 14 and don't worry about insurance.... But I think those times are long gone. Good luck!