Bumpy/Hilly lawn

ejudgie

Member
Not sure if anyone has a lawn like mine but mine is really bumpy and with the hills shakes the heck out of my lawnmower. I fear it will damage my lawnmower. Is there anything I can do? I guess I could add more dirt in the dips but their are bumps too. Do they sell anything like a heavy weight roller (concrete/sand cylinder). Not sure if that would hurt the lawn.
 
I have rented a ground compactor from a rental place late spring and leveled a few lawns grass doesn't like it but its grass it'll grow back early summer I core aerate to loosen soil but the.ground is at least flat.
 
I roll my lawn every spring after the last heavy frost. I do think it helps somewhat.

Lawn rollers seem to barely work if at all. The ground compactors weigh about 2000 pounds they are remote controlled have 2 giant rollers and vibrates
 
I top dress with sand every year.
Spread the sand out then drag the whole yard and a few weeks later roll it.
 
Do be careful of runaway rollers on hills. I was around a water filled oil drum a couple times when it got to rolling on its own and it was kind of unhandy. I saw a round bale of hay roll down a hill another time and do some serious damage to a Ford truck.
 
Back
Top