Bumped head and now shaft might be tweeked?

zamboknee

Threads
I bumped the head of my Stihl FS-45 trimmer and now I think the shaft might be bent. I didn't bump it hard at all but apparently it was enough to cause the head to not spin very fast at all, a burning smell, and the bend of the shaft is very hot when I try to give it gas.
Is my shaft bent?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bumped the head of my Stihl FS-45 trimmer and now I think the shaft might be bent. I didn't bump it hard at all but apparently it was enough to cause the head to not spin very fast at all, a burning smell, and the bend of the shaft is very hot when I try to give it gas.
Is my shaft bent?

I doubt seriously you bent the shaft. It sounds more like the head is bound up. Try removing the head and reinstalling it. Check and see if you have something wound up between the head and plate.

zamboknee

Threads
I doubt seriously you bent the shaft. It sounds more like the head is bound up. Try removing the head and reinstalling it. Check and see if you have something wound up between the head and plate.

I took head off, got it working but it bound up again. Shaft seems to be loose now.

zamboknee

Threads
Was able to take the shaft spring out without any trouble. Basically just grabbed the end with some needle nose pliers and came right out.
Do I need a new spring?
Parts Diagram anywhere?
My internet's been just garbage the last few days so if someone could post a link to a parts diagram that'd be awesome.File Jul 19, 12 47 24 PM.jpeg