Build a Pine Straw Rake

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Since my Pine Straw Baler turned out so good I think I am going to build a rake as well to tow behind my Craftsman Tractor.

I had a friend tell me where I can get two acres of Long Leaf Pine Straw to rake and bale.
 
Since my Pine Straw Baler turned out so good I think I am going to build a rake as well to tow behind my Craftsman Tractor.

I had a friend tell me where I can get two acres of Long Leaf Pine Straw to rake and bale.

Nice! Let us know how the build goes! :smile:
 
Build it as a dozer, so you can see what's happening, and push into large wind rows . When you back up it should pivot forward and tines clean themselves when dragged backwards.
 
Build it as a dozer, so you can see what's happening, and push into large wind rows . When you back up it should pivot forward and tines clean themselves when dragged backwards.

Interesting I had not thought about that. I was planning to build a tow behind 48" wide to pull behind my 16hp Craftsman tractor mower.
 
Yeah, but Sandbur Ranch has a good idea! I would have never thought about putting it in the front! :thumbsup:

I already have the materials to do a pull behind and not a front end one but I will file that one in the back of my mind and if we continue to deal with a lot of straw I will figure out how to build one of those. I bet it would be much better than a pull behind.....
 
I already have the materials to do a pull behind and not a front end one but I will file that one in the back of my mind and if we continue to deal with a lot of straw I will figure out how to build one of those. I bet it would be much better than a pull behind.....

Yeah, but I'm sure there are positives and negatives to both ways. Let us know how the build goes! :smile:
 
Yeah, but I'm sure there are positives and negatives to both ways. Let us know how the build goes! :smile:

I got a lot accomplished today. Got a couple of bugs to work out and it will be ready to rake straw. Got a set of rear wheels off of a John Deere Tractor type mower on it. Will post pictures when I finish.
 
Back
Top