BS 675 won't start after hitting somthing, flywheel key is fine.

the governor is your throttle linkage control and maintains a certain rpm....driven by the cam gear...it could have been damaged so that your rpms wont rise and stabilize..
 
ok, i will order one. gonna get a new air filter and plug while i'm at it.

This may shock you but i took those videos on my Smart Phone. Samsung Galaxy (At sprint, the fascinate in verizon and I forget the AT&T version)
 
Jeff... Might I recommend you reduce your video file size... You do not need 23.5 meg for a 55 second video clip....
I'm not going to do the 431meg... I can go to netflix if I want to download half a gig of video...

I shoot video with my phone also... but I will edit and reduce the file size before posting...

Back to the mower, replace the blade adapter and check that the blase is true, not just balanced... KennyV
 
it's 43 megs. not 431. i apparently missed putting in a space between the name and the file size definition. if 41 is still tooo large lemme know and I can try to figure out how to reduce it and still be able to get any detail out of it.
 
since i was already messing with it i got the tuneup kit, which oddly seems cheaper than the parts individually, and ordered a new mount which will be in tomorrow.
 
so
i got a new spark plug, gapped it and put it in. drained the old oil, put in fresh, fresh fuel with stabilizer, new air filter, new mount adapter and remounted the blade, which i again checked for balance. now it won't start at all. Even after several pulls. soooooo....gonna have a friend help me check the new spark plug for a spark. if it has spark, which I suspect it does, not sure what to do next. i still need an answer on that autochoke vane in video 3 and make sure that is assembled correctly.

so, that leaves timing which as far as I know isn't even adjustable.
 
Back
Top