BS 591378 carburetor

kelazier

Member
Greetings! Having issue with carb: engine floods. I give it a few hand cranks and after I remove air filter gas gushes out of carb. into air cleaner even when the gas valve is shut off.

any insights?

p.s. this is a B/S portable power generator with engine # 21T202-0119 G1
 
Looks like that is the carb with the plastic emulsion tube that the jet falls out of if turned upside down and and is easily missed on reassembly. Either that or the float valve isn't working to shut off the gas and the carb is over flowing.
 
thanks for the quick response. I did disassemble the carb to see if anything was obviously wrong and cleaned the passage ways with a thin wire. assuming i put everything back in place correctly, and no change. would i be better off just purchasing a new carb? i see prices ranging from 28.00 to 139.00 any advice?
 
Thanks for the info and links...I have decided to purchase a new carb. Do you sell them or do you recommend I use parts tree ?

I like to support the members when possible.
 
okay, I'm lost! I purchased a new carb, with all gaskets, etc. I replaced carb. according to instructions. I started engine and have the same problem!! The engine cranks, starts and runs for a @ minute before it sputters and stalls...then gas spurts out of the carb/intake. Even after I shut off the gas **** to the tank, gas continues to spurt from the carb. how is this possible with the gas supply line closed? there are no leaks, drips, etc from any other connections. there is only one gas input tube to the carb. WTF?
 
Back
Top