Broken Transmission Mount Tab!

CBG

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2014 Raptor SD that I purchased new. I have had the same problems that most owners have had with the transmission mount bolts breaking. 1st time I took it back to the dealer to fix. The second time, I decided to investigate and found that Hustler had a heaver crossmember plate. So I ordered one, and upon installing it I saw that the mounting tab was broken off. See Pics. This was in 2019 when it happened and I just installed the plate with the broken tab in place. So, this weekend I installed the new heaver wheel brackets, and decided that I would ask you all if this can be fix without a total replacement of the transmission. I just mow my yard about 2/3 of an acre, mostly flat. I've not had any issues with it as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• Broken SD Sized.jpg
    Broken SD Sized.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Broken SD1 Resize.jpg
    Broken SD1 Resize.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 19

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would search for machine shops in your area give them a call & ask them if they can weld Aluminum You may ask them if you can send pictures above from your phone to theirs. Good luck, let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most any good welding shop should be able to TIG it back on and redrill the hole. May cost upwards of $100 depending on the shop.

CBG

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. A $100 or so would be a lot better than $7-800 for a new trans. I'll start looking around and will let you know what I find.