Broken D110

catman606

Threads
Found a 2016 D110 for sale. Haven't looked at it yet, the guy says the motor is bad. Says he can turn the top? Looks like a nice mower in the picture, asking $500. I'm a pretty good DIY'er, if I can't repair this engine, do most other engines interchange? It's a 19hp Briggs. Is it worth $500?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'd say its worth looking at, look over the engine good. don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. and possibly haggle the price.

catman606

Threads
Thanks for the replies. I know a guy that has a 21 hp Briggs, single cylinder off a JD that I can get. Is the exhaust the same on a 19 and 21 hp you think? I put a Briggs flathead on my LT 1000 and changing the exhaust was a pain.

D

Deleted member 97405

My advice as a long-time Deere tech, don't waste your money unless you're parting it out. Buy a new S110. The blocks were the same on many of the single cylinder Briggs engine, but I dont know if the diameter and length of the crankshaft is the same. You can lookup both engines and see if the part numbers are the same or not. Still not worth the trouble, in my opinion.