Broadmoor hydro 15 replacement engine

supraomega

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone done a new motor replacement on this mower? My old briggs 15 vanguard is leaking/burning oil bad, rebuild is going to cost me about half the cost of a new motor in just parts. I'm leaning towards a complete replacement with full pressure lube and filtered, because I do a lot of side hill mowing. So has anyone done a full motor swap with something different that fit well under the hood? I've checked some replacements online, but a lot of these new single cylinder engines are very wide, and I want to stay with a comparable HP motor. I know that a kohler command 15 full pressure lube was also offered in the same mower, but I am not having any luck finding one of those at a resonable price. I believe the mower to be a 96' or 97' model year.

tybilly

Threads
have you checked into a shortblock?comes with the block,crank,valves,cylinder and rod,and you just exchange everything else from your old engine

supraomega

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you checked into a shortblock?comes with the block,crank,valves,cylinder and rod,and you just exchange everything else from your old engine

No, I wasn't aware of such a thing for small engines. Any suggestions where to find them?

tybilly

Threads
either your local small engine dealer, or small engine wharehouse.com...you will need all your numbers off of the engine