Briggs wont turn over Cranks,has Spark, New Carb, Fuel pump works

Thank you for that description. ill have to see if there is a tester at one of my local autostore. ill still find out the compression and get back to you tonight.
 
So I bought a compression tester and tried if. Results were 0 the needle didn't move during test. I checked the key under the flywheel bolt looks to be in good shape. Not sure what's next here. Attached is photo of key
 

Attachments

  • SAVE_20190723_232011.jpg
    SAVE_20190723_232011.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 6
This isn't a bulletproof test, but put the spark plug in, and take off the oil filler cap, rotate the engine over and listen for air "hissssing" a little bit is normal for an old engine, but if it seems excess it may be the rings...
I would try replacing the head gasket as bert suggested, or at least look for blown spots.
 
May as well pull the head off and see what’s going on. With 0 compression it will have to come off anyway.
 
alright that's what ill do tonight. i'll take a peak in there see whats going on get a head gasket on order. I'll keep you all updated on my progress.


Thank you all!
 
Problem found the ring under the intake valve popped out of place. I was able to seat it back in and and have gotten alot of compression back. I have a exhaust gasket and head gasket on order.

Attached is vid of issue

Once I have the gaskets I'll let you guys know what happens!

Thank you all so much!!
 
That is the valve seat and it will continue to do this
IT popped out because the head got too hot
Some people have managed to get by staking the seat in position with the valve in place.

I just replace the head after working out why the head is overheating in the first place
 
Back
Top