Briggs V Twin 22HP oil leak under both cylinder heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie21

Threads
  • / Briggs V Twin 22HP oil leak under both cylinder heads
Another trick is to lightly coat the area with flour. It is magnify the leak spot.

Johner

Threads
Need help figuring out where my oil leak is coming from. Its coming from above the sump gasket so I don't believe its that. Its running down the fins of both heads and drips off the bottom of the heads near the exhaust ports. It's not the valve cover gaskets because I made sure they were sealed. The only thing I can think it might be is head gaskets. I looked over the sump gasket seam and it looks good and dry. Should I just start tearing off the heads? What else could it be?
Looks like an exhaust gasket is bad.

melvin1942

Threads
Need help figuring out where my oil leak is coming from. Its coming from above the sump gasket so I don't believe its that. Its running down the fins of both heads and drips off the bottom of the heads near the exhaust ports. It's not the valve cover gaskets because I made sure they were sealed. The only thing I can think it might be is head gaskets. I looked over the sump gasket seam and it looks good and dry. Should I just start tearing off the heads? What else could it be?
Have you checked the head to see if it is flat. It could be warped. Also check the block.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
problem was solved.
1682783307716.png

Status
Not open for further replies.