Briggs & Stratton Carb Linkage

blamz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B&G series 650 model number 124T02-0120-B1 on a roto-tiller. The engine starts then stops. I have removed the card and in the process of cleaning it.
I noticed a linkage piece not moving when opening and closing the throttle. Any suggestions on why this isn't shifting back when moving the throttle back and forth and also suggestions on how to fix this?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It stays in wide open position except when the engine is running. Then it governed.

blamz

Forum Newbie
Threads
It stays in wide open position except when the engine is running. Then it governed.
So it isn't supposed to move back and forth when I cycle the throttle lever?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Correct it only moves when the governor pushes it toward idle position to regulate the engine speed; otherwise, the spring hold it at wide open until the engine is running.

blamz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Correct it only moves when the governor pushes it toward idle position to regulate the engine speed; otherwise, the spring hold it at wide open until the engine is running.
Perfect, thank you! Regarding the start then stall issue. Would you assume that is a dirty carburettor issue? It also had a slow drip of gas leaking somewhere out of the carb.