Briggs & Stratton 675 Exi Won't Start... Help!

BobbieG

Forum Newbie
My Briggs & Stratton 675 EXi-96145003500 LC 221 A mower ran perfectly until it ran out of gas. After refilling the tank, it started right up, but when I released the bail bar and tried restarting it two minutes later, nothing happened despite a dozen pulls. The carb is getting fuel, and the kill brake disengaged when the bail bar was pressed. The spark plug and boot are secure, but still no luck. I disassembled and cleaned the carb, and it started again, but after releasing the bail bar for a minute, it refused to start. I checked the coil kill wire under the shroud—no damage—and the brake still worked fine. I installed a new carb, yet it still won’t start. Where do I go from here?
 
Is it possible there is a fuel delivery issue?
Did you check your fuel flow from the tank to your carburetor?
I highly recommend you install a fuel shutoff valve when you are checking this. I always shutoff the fuel to run the carburetor dry after mowing.
 
Check fuel flow as Andrew said. I also recommend the shutoff, though I shut it off after mowing, but don't always run it dry.
 
Pull the kill wire off the ignition coil. IF the coil is good, should drain the fuel tank dry. Unless you have a fuel issue that is.
 
Back
Top