Briggs & Stratton 12.5 HP Riding Mower (Snapper)

mocha

Forum Newbie
Threads
The photo that I sent you regarding the "Main Jet" location, definitely was downloaded from a part different than mine. I found one that looked like mine, then copied and pasted the photo so you could see what I was talking about ONLY. My part looks like the photo, but we are talking about only 1 carb here. I look forward to hearing more from you, if the person you mentioned can specifically help us out with the correct location for the main jet. Thanks again!

Charles

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
This pic may help out. and the part number for the carb is 794653.

Attachments

• nikkicarb219900.jpg
    nikkicarb219900.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The diagram EngineMan posted is the same one I have been looking at. Part #117 is the main jet and screws to the side of the main nozzle housing. If I am looking at it correctly the part you are talking about is the seal between the fuel-transfer tube assembly and plastic nozzle. Would you look again for any numbers or letters on the carb. Maybe EngineMan, Kenny V or IlEngine will take a look at this thread and see what I'm missing. This should not be that hard.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your help is appreciated. In your above comments, you stated "the jet should be installed on the SIDE of the main nozzle tube". From what I see, it would go into the top of the main nozzle tube. I am forwarding an attachment that show what I am talking about. Any idea how I could confirm this? Thanks again for all your help.

Charles

I think it goes in the plastic float contraption, and presses up against the nozzle that you pointed out.

Attachments

• nikki jet.jpg
    nikki jet.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 22

mocha

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gentlemen, thanks again for all your help. The reason the engine quit running right in the first place, was because of a sticking choke valve. From there, after I disassembled a couple times (and lost the little "jet" piece), I finally realized the float needle was bad and needed to be replaced as well. I ordered the jet and the needle from Jack's Small Engines for $21.00. They arrived today and I immediately started the cleaning and blowing process on the carb. I got it all put back together, put in new gas, and fired it up. It absolutely purrs like a kitten now. I'm 71 years old and saved a lot of money, by doing the work myself (with the help of you guys). Best of luck to all of you.

Charles

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well done Charles...:thumbsup: