Briggs motor won't start

blueeyes

Threads
I have a 4H.P. briggs on a sears high pressure washer and can't get it started.
Here is what I have done to it.1. honed cylineder & installed new rings 2. lapped valves in and made sure tappet clearance was ok. Have spark and fuel is getting to cylinder. Checked clearance on air gap and it is sat at 10 thousands
Sometime when you pull on starting rope, it will get jerked out of your hands.Does anybody know what is wrong and can tell me how to fix. THANKS:smile:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the timing and or (flywheel key)

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 4H.P. briggs on a sears high pressure washer and can't get it started.
Here is what I have done to it.1. honed cylineder & installed new rings 2. lapped valves in and made sure tappet clearance was ok. Have spark and fuel is getting to cylinder. Checked clearance on air gap and it is sat at 10 thousands
Sometime when you pull on starting rope, it will get jerked out of your hands.Does anybody know what is wrong and can tell me how to fix. THANKS:smile:

4 things and it will run. fuel, compression, spark, timing. From the sounds of it you missed something on your over haul and it sounds like timing. You will just have to recheck your work as said earlier like the flywheel key. Maybe you didn't torque the flywheel right? Did you put the cam in right timing?