Briggs Intek 26 hp no start

Etbrown44

Threads
After you pull the flywheel and the key is good you need to verify you have spark. Get a $5 spark tester.

If those two don't work, see if you can find a $15 carb on Amazon. New carbs will often solve problems.

ba63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do all of what everyone has suggested above. If you do and everything checks out but you still have no start, check for spark by either using a spark checker plugged in between the plug wire and spark plug or by grounding the removed and cleaned spark plug to the engine block (with the plug wire still attached) and cracking the engine over. If you have no spark; your ignition coil will need to be replaced. You’ll need to order the correct coil from your favorite parts source. Remove the fan shroud, remove the small two small bolts that attach the coil to the engine block, unplug the spark plug wire from the plug and the small “kill wire” from the coil, and the coil will come free. Reverse procedure to install the new coil, but leave the 2 bolts slightly loose, slide a business card between the coil and the edge of the flywheel then turn the flywheel slowly (insuring the card stays between the coil and flywheel and doesn’t slide out) until the magnet on the flywheel is fully pulling the coil to it. Tighten down the two bolts, remove the card, and complete the rest of the reverse procedure.

STEVES

Threads
if the $5 doesn't work, get a good one! or use a new spark plug grounded to engine & crank over. or throw parts at it - NOT,

Etbrown44

Threads
Caoeal Spark Plug Tester, Adjustable Ignition System Coil Tester Autos Coil on Plug Spark Circuit Tester, Repairing Diagnostic Test Tool https://a.co/d/0WohZKj

Woops. Amazon Cost is up to $7.49. All gap testers work the same. Set it to lawn mower or LM which is usually 10cm and see if it arcs.

Forest#2

Threads
If it was running good with the old v belt and that is all you done was replace the v belt and you had a failure put the old v-belt back on and test.
(just kidding)

Had this same thing happen to a guy that called me on phone and said he had just changed the oil in his vec and afterwards if would not even crank. I told him to put his old oil and filter back on the engine and test. He was not mechanically said yes, I still have my old oil and filter. I said re-ininstall both. He thanked me and said ok. I'll let you know.
I said don't do anything I'll come check. I'm a mechanic, electronic tech and electrician) His starter solenoid had failed.
We did not have to re-install his old filter and oil.