briggs and stratton

s.avanzato

Forum Newbie
will fire and run for about 5 min then putters out. after that will not fire until I guess it cools down. has 2 chokes, inner and outer. outer choke controlled by spring loaded round thing off of exhaust. I assume that is controlled by temp? I took out flap on it (effectively deleting it), no change in symptom. any good ideas out there???????
 
" 2 chokes" what, never seen one with two chokes...! before you take anything apart, always know what you are doing, only good advice I can give you is, find yourself a manual and read it.
 
Sounds like a 650 or 675 series with ready start.

Its got one choke and one throttle.

Either carb needs a good clean or thermostat is sticking.
Try carb clean 1st.
 
They also need to put up model numbers so we have a clue as to what they are talking about!!!!!
 
Back
Top