Briggs and Stratton Wont Run Right

Volklskier

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is a video of it running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJExsrBn3EY

If anyone can help that would be awesome Thanks!

Cubman29, I couldn't watch the video - said it was private. But I suspect you have the same problem as I am having. My B&Stratton won't run right either. It is running very rich (flooding). The carb has had 3 float/needle valve kits put in it and it still doesn't run right. I think my float needle valve isn't closing (shutting off the gas coming into the carb float bowl). Try this: while the engine is running, lower the handle down towards the ground (lifting the front wheels off the ground) and see if the engine doesn't smoothen out and begin to run at a higher normal RPM. That is what mine is doing.
If you keep the handle down too long, the engine will die due to it running out of gas. So after it smoothens out, let the front wheels back down and then it a short time, it will begin to run roughly again. I suspect the float bowl is being flooded with too much gas, flooding the engine, causing the engine to run roughly, barely keeping going. If you haven't put a float/needle valve kit in your carb, do it. That may solve your problem.

CUBMAN29

Forum Newbie
Threads
The video should be good to watch now. sorry about that

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely needs to have the carb taken off and cleaned, replace the float needle and seat, plus the float bowl gasket. When cleaning I would either get carb cleaner where I could soak the carb or have it ultrasonically cleaned at a repair shop.

CUBMAN29

Forum Newbie
Threads
And it only does it at full throttle not at idle. But I will defiantly try that thanks.