Briggs and Stratton Generator Help Needed

Berniebac

Threads
Today I picked up some fresh high test fuel and filled the generator with it. I ran it for about an hour and it seemed to improve but I thought it was surging a bit and I was not happy with it. So I pulled the carb and cleaned it out and it seems to be running fine now. So I think between the high test gas and the cleaning we have cleared up the problem. I am just waiting for it to run out of fuel, then I'll drain the bowl and put it back into storage.

I can buy high test here (92 octane) but it appears from the note on the pump at the gas station that all our fuel could contain up to 10% ethanol. I may not be able to buy ethanol free gas.

Checked my model number and it is 030651-00 as noted above. Good catch on that one.

I think what happened was the unit was built at the factory and they put fuel in it to see if it would run and generate electricity. Then it got shipped with a little fuel left in the tank and carb. I purchased it, brought it home and stored it in my basement for years and the fuel from the factory gummed up my carb and caused the rough running.

Thanks to all for your help, I appreciate the input so much.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just a suggestion about storing your unit, which you can use or dump. After you have run the engine “dry”, removed ve the gas cap. Put a small pan under the carb, remove the carb drain plug and drain the entire system, let sit for an hour. At 30 minutes take compressed air and blow out the tank. After an hour install the drain plug and fuel cap. What you have done is dried out the entire system and the next time you have to use the it the system will be just like you purchased it.

Berniebac

Threads
Just a suggestion about storing your unit, which you can use or dump. After you have run the engine “dry”, removed ve the gas cap. Put a small pan under the carb, remove the carb drain plug and drain the entire system, let sit for an hour. At 30 minutes take compressed air and blow out the tank. After an hour install the drain plug and fuel cap. What you have done is dried out the entire system and the next time you have to use the it the system will be just like you purchased it.

Done and Done.

But another problem has surfaced. Some where in the process of cleaning and preparing for storing the bowl gasket got torn. Its a flimsy little thing. Now I have to find a new bowl gasket and it seems to be difficult to find a parts diagram with part numbers in order to order a part. Can you help with finding parts for this carb??? Internet search finds a few things in general but nothing specific to this carb. Could I get away with finding a rubber O-ring the correct diameter and just use an O-ring?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Best suggestion I can give you is to contact Briggs directly about getting the individual gasket. Your carb part number is 311392GS. This phone number may be of some help, 800-743-4115, make sure you have all you unit and engine numbers. The only other option is to go to your local Briggs authorized dealer and talk to them.

Berniebac

Threads
Best suggestion I can give you is to contact Briggs directly about getting the individual gasket. Your carb part number is 311392GS. This phone number may be of some help, 800-743-4115, make sure you have all you unit and engine numbers. The only other option is to go to your local Briggs authorized dealer and talk to them.
Thanks again. Will try.

Erin0110

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've recently purchased Generac iQ3500 Source: https://www.propaneva.com/best-generac-generators
I have owned other generac products before and have been disappointed by them, ironically the last generac generator I owned was a gp3300, and that model was a standard pull start model not inverted and not clean power.

This is the total opposite of that.

This thing is totally silent, so quiet we chained it to one of the blocks at our fireworks tent for we were afraid someone might steal it.

Anyway I got this to directly replace the noisy older GP 3300 and I have to say this is one of the best generators I have ever owned. As mentioned this thing is near silent, even under full load it's near silent. It provides roughly 3100 Watts continuously for our purposes.

shadetree#1

Threads
Some of them emergency gennys have a drain in the fuel bowl. Try this before floging the carb and others things. Turn off the gas tank petcock, remove the carb bowl drain and let the carb bowl empty then while the drain plug bolt is out turn on the gas and flush the bowl. Use a small container to catch the fuel being drained so as it's not all over the unit and floor. Re-install all and test.