Briggs and Stratton Engine

I think a complete disasemble is in order. Firstly to see the condition of parts. Take all the removable parts off except the head. Hiding somewhere is a model num. This will give you the chance to see how abused this thing really is
 
Thanks Exotion for responding. I was debating the disassemble idea but was hoping to know what Model/Serial number etc it is prior to doing that. Because, as MURPHY is my assistant, something will break and I won't know what the part number is.

So, moving on from the ID phase could anyone help me with the arrangement of the throttle and choke rods/springs or is that, perhaps, model specific?
 
Anyone have any ideas how to identify this thing?

Hi Dave,

I know the Industrial plus series well as we manufactured generators with them back in the 90s.

The Model, Type and Code used to on an aluminum tag which was riveted to the blower housing as mentioned previously in this thread. From my experience with this engine series you wont find it anywhere else on the engine.

A common generator model and type you could use as a guide (parts may differ depending on date of manufacture) is 133442 0038-03.

Hope that helps!
 
Hi Dave,

I know the Industrial plus series well as we manufactured generators with them back in the 90s.

The Model, Type and Code used to on an aluminum tag which was riveted to the blower housing as mentioned previously in this thread. From my experience with this engine series you wont find it anywhere else on the engine.

A common generator model and type you could use as a guide (parts may differ depending on date of manufacture) is 133442 0038-03.

Hope that helps!

Thanks LawnmowerJustin,
At least I have a number to put in at the B&S website. I appreciate your time and suggestion.
 
Back
Top