Briggs and Stratton Engine Type

matty12345

Forum Newbie
Hi everyone. I recently bought a lawnmower for really cheap and restored it. As can be seen in the pictures below before I restored it the engine didn’t have a sticker on it identifying what type of engine it is. I decided to stick an old sticker on it I had from a different mower to make it look better and I know that this engine isn’t a sprint like the sticker says. So I’m wondering if anybody will be able to help me identify what type of engine it is and any other information about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 0493949C-A664-42FA-BEDC-BF56E65B7065.jpg
    0493949C-A664-42FA-BEDC-BF56E65B7065.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3A8D85BB-6E83-4E4A-AD90-5B6DFBD3EFA5.jpg
    3A8D85BB-6E83-4E4A-AD90-5B6DFBD3EFA5.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 0E5048A5-6119-40D6-8CFF-E19C09E7A095.jpg
    0E5048A5-6119-40D6-8CFF-E19C09E7A095.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 9
  • F70D48AC-8982-423F-A053-76EC01DFBEC8.jpg
    F70D48AC-8982-423F-A053-76EC01DFBEC8.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 11
Should have mentioned,
Model - 10D902
Type - 0129 R1 or maybe P1 or B1. Sorry can’t tell what the letter is.
Code - 03012451

These are the codes from the front of the engine.
 
Not with a blower housing like that.
looks like a sprint to me.
Quattros came with big square plastic blower housings, a gravity fed tank and float bowl carb.
Right now I am trying to clean the silicon the DPO used to hold threaded ferrules B & S used to secure the carb bolts.
Apparently warming them up & pushing them back in was beyond his technical abailities.
 
Back
Top