Briggs and Stratton 31r976-0016-g1

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You need a 7/16-20 bolt... any hardware store should have them....
You would think that but around here depending on the length needed even Fastenal don't have sometimes which why I order the needed length sometime out of Atlanta.GA by the the box full. This why I have a box of 3.5" ones on order now. Personally I don't like driving 45 min one way just to go to multiple hardware stores trying to find the screw. That why I just order them as I got tired of wasting a half day trying to find them.

The OP will need know to the length of the bolt that will required for his setup as it can be of any length as I use 2.5" to 5" one here. Plus will need to be at least a grade 5, preferably a grade 8.This length is in the equipment IPL, though some manufactures try to hide it so you would order the screw from them. OR as one case of a M10-150 x 155mm, even my main source of screws don't have them.

David357

Threads
You would think that but around here depending on the length needed even Fastenal don't have sometimes which why I order the needed length sometime out of Atlanta.GA by the the box full. This why I have a box of 3.5" ones on order now. Personally I don't like driving 45 min one way just to go to multiple hardware stores trying to find the screw. That why I just order them as I got tired of wasting a half day trying to find them.

The OP will need know to the length of the bolt that will required for his setup as it can be of any length as I use 2.5" to 5" one here. Plus will need to be at least a grade 5, preferably a grade 8.This length is in the equipment IPL, though some manufactures try to hide it so you would order the screw from them. OR as one case of a M10-150 x 155mm, even my main source of screws don't have them.
Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Might try looking at Bolt Depot .com, I've ordered a few fasteners from them before.
They have quite a few lengths to choose from, and you can order 1 bolt, or 500 of them ;)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hopefully no one took it wrong when I said I buy the box as I usually used a lot screws (bolts) for ones that are damaged or lost and just cheaper for me to do so. By the time I buy 3 or 4 screws I can buy a whole box normally.

Yes a place like Boltdepot.com is reasonably priced but I usually order thru McMasters as they usually deliver overnight a most of my repairs are time sensitive.