Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp No Spark

I have a 3.5hp Briggs on a Snapper. I checked and it was getting no spark. I cleaned the contacts on the magneto and flywheel and still nothing.

How should I check to see if the "Kill Switch" is grounded out? Before I go buying a new magneto.

I don't know where it is.


Engine s/n: 92908-0703-01 7206168

So where in the hell did you "clean"????
 
No that is the old style that uses points, search for Briggs #398593 or #496914, Just bolt it on, gap it with the card in the package or business card, and hook up the kill wires from the carb and the chute sensor to the small terminal on the coil.
 
I got the coil in. And it now fires and runs on either. The carb diaphragm should be here today.....What part number plug should I use?
 
Back
Top