Briggs and stratton 27hp 2023 model 49T877-0025 not getting gas to plugs

maganzer40

Forum Newbie
Hi all, My first time posting. I bought a BS 27hp to replace a genarac 27hp on my dixie chopper. I put new wiring harness of my own making. No safety switches. I am getting good fire on my plugs. I cannot get it to start. It's like it's not getting gas. Pump is working good. I hear fuel solenoid click when key is turned on. I appreciate any help.
 
Not many places to check
Why do you think ou are not getting any fuel ?
better than average chance that the choke is not cloosing fully
I would drop a 1/4 teaspoon of fuel down the carb throat or spark plug hole
See if the engine starts and continues to run for a minute or more
Let us know what happened .
 
Not many places to check
Why do you think ou are not getting any fuel ?
better than average chance that the choke is not cloosing fully
I would drop a 1/4 teaspoon of fuel down the carb throat or spark plug hole
See if the engine starts and continues to run for a minute or more
Let us know what happened .
Took it to local repair man. He sprayed gumout carb cleaner in carb while I turned it over and it cranked right up. He said it was air locked. I was getting gas to the carb but not thru the carb. Thanks for everyone comment.
 
Back
Top