Briggs and Stratton 24hp 446777 Running rough

NDTWHIZ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet LT1024 with a 24 hp briggs and stratton motor model 446777-0302/E1. I have rebuilt the carb and now it runs really rough and blows out black smoke. If i hold the trottle a fration of an inch open (at the carb) it will finally even out and run smooth, but if i crank the throttle handel all the way open it goes back to running rough again. I have changed and replaced everything that i can think of and nothing seems to help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Black smoke indicates rich mixture. I would take the carb apart again and check the float level. It should be parallel with the base when help upside down.

justbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 24 hp. briggs model445677 when I start it up it revs up and wont idle down I replaced a push rod in it that went down in the lower case. while I had it open I checked the gov out and it looked ok and appeared with out damage. also was unsure of the proper setting of the gov. rod on the out side of the case,as to where the rod should be either right,left or in the middle when tightening down the linkage for it?