I can tell you the way I do it. I disassemble the carburetor and soak it over night in strong carburetor cleaner which comes in a gallon can . Then I take a aerosol can of carburetor cleaner and try to clean out all the ports and small holes. Then I take some small tag wire and do some more cleaning. Then some compressed air and give every thing a good blowing. Any welch, soft plugs or needle valves I remove them and clean under them. Also then I take a carburetor apart or put it back together I do it over a large rag so if any small parts fall out I can find them easy. Just the way I do it, if right or wrong it works for me. 100% hell no, I some times have to do it over several times to get them right or end up replacing the carb.