Briggs 625 Series

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Briggs 190 CC 625 Series. I can not find the model number on it anywhere. It's not stamped in the usual locations either.
All i have is the Serial # 08082854825238
and the Poulan model# is PR625Y22rp:confused2:
Would anyone know the model number from the serial?
thanks

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
DSC_8755.jpg

Would one of these be the engine model. Im sure the PR number is Poulan, but what is the one on top?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If that number is electro etched into the crankcase then it is a Chinese made Briggs .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I haven't looked on the crankcase. Although i will go look. :thumbsup:
I've just been looking on the blower housing/shroud for it to be stamped.
Is there a specific place i should look? It also has a aluminum (no cast iron sleeve) cylinder.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Following the instructions from the link Padroo posted above ended up with a scam virus warning (tre456 worm ).
Thus the site should be avoided.

Lots of mal wear distribution sites present themselves as free PDF hosts for whatever manual you are looking for.
Thus you will download what appears to be the book you have been looking for but end up with an auto loading piece of softwear.
Even worse are the ones that contain both the PDF file + a hidden routine that downloads malwear automatically every time you open the "free" pdf.

Again the need to be careful surfaces.
The safest way to surf is via a user account ( on your computer ) that does not have administrative priviledges so it prevents you downloading executable files unless it is authorized by a person who has administrative powers.
In most systems it is called "safe browse" or some thing similar designed to allow kids to safely surf the web.

Padroo

Threads
Ssorry about that, IT NEEDS TO BE REPORTED TO YOUTUBE.

Sometimes good intentions don't work.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I found the number.122T02-1207-B1

I took the valve cover off (flathead) and first, I cleaned off all the dirt around it first and lo and behold, I see a raised group of numbers.
Type them in on Jack's small engines, and the diagrams for the engine comes up.
Very weird place for a model #.:confused2:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And here in lies the problem of communication.
You stated you ad looked in all the usual places.
All of the large OHV engines have their number stamped into the rocker covers
The small ones have the number on to rocker cover or on the heat shield over the muffler.
THe ones from the Chinese factory have them electro etched on the crank behind the carb.