Briggs 18.5HP Cranks Slow

tackleberry

Threads
Well sorry bout that...but i'm fixin to dig into one myself to fix the aforementioned problem on my own mower (a troy bilt Pony) that i paid $50 bucks for...

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Well sorry bout that...but i'm fixin to dig into one myself to fix the aforementioned problem on my own mower (a troy bilt Pony) that i paid $50 bucks for...
Nothing to be sorry about. I just wanted to point it out because some find it frustrating when they take their time to try and help someone and the OP never posts back whether or not the issue was resolved.

tackleberry

Threads
Nothing to be sorry about. I just wanted to point it out because some find it frustrating when they take their time to try and help someone and the OP never posts back whether or not the issue was resolved.
New here but not new to repair of mowers...today I salvaged a crankshaft out of a 9P B&S engine with no compression to donate to a engine with lots of compression but had a bent crank..Never seen one dance like that before! I have a salvage guy who finds them on the street and i repair and flip them and we share the proceeds (if any). If I find one with no compression its usually not worth my time or money (at $30 to $40 dollars for a ring set, Ridiculous!!) to repair those. but they sometimes make great donor engines.