Briggs 16 hp No Power Runs Slow

slick49

Threads
Mowing and it acted like it was running out of gas. I stopped and checked the gas. Gas was OK!!

It runs real slow like it is idling even when it is on full throttle. Cranks fast but won't start unless I add a small amount of gas directly into the carb. :frown:

Checked the air filter and gas cap for blockage. Everything fine.

What is the part (about 2" long) attached to the bottom of the bowl with to electrical wires running to it?

I vaguely remember a friend of mine said he was having the same type of problem and he replaced that part on the bottom of the bowl.

All information and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ron

Model# 31C707 Type 0230E1 Code 0310102E

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
They are called ANTI-AFTERFIRE SOLENOIDS

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes..but I would take it off and test it before replacing it. you may just have no power going to it.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check for battery voltage at the spade connector ( with the key switch in the start as well as the run position ) next check is to listen at the bowl of the carburetor for a distinct click when the ignition switch is turned to the on position, If a distinct click is not heard, remove the solenoid for further testing.

slick49

Threads
Check my update thread (today 21st) 16hp Briggs still not running for more information.

I need help!!!!

slick49

Threads
Found out the cam lobe for the intake vale is wiped out. I'm going to buy a new replacement 16.5 hp Briggs for $449.00 with FREE shipping from a big supplier in Atlanta, GA.

They want $300.00 just to replace the cam at a local shop plus extra if it needs valve work.

I can't do it.........20 yrs ago I would give it a try.

Thanks for everyones help.:smile: