Blades Brand New D130 with rusty blades

There is corrosion on the spindles. I would return mower and get my money back.
Those are mulching blades. What mower comes with mulching blades.

John Deere lists them as a "3-in-1" blade. Sorry about my incorrect price info earlier, they are indeed $33 per set. I mis-read the JD parts catalog.
 
There is corrosion on the spindles. I would return mower and get my money back.
Those are mulching blades. What mower comes with mulching blades.

I just purchased a brand new JD125 about a month and a half ago and there was not a spec of rust on anything, blades included. Of course I checked it from top to bottom before I took it off the lot and this is something you should have done too. I also drove it around some, ran the deck for about 10 minutes and made sure all of the fittings were greased, oil, filters, tires... They also gave it to me with a full tank of gas and JD hat of my choice. I am sure the rust on the blades will come off over time, but they should not be selling you a new mower with rusted blades. I mean, if you went to buy a new car and they gave you one that was dirty and not detailed would you accept it? In my opinion, I think there is deceit afoot here and you should not tolerate this type of marginal service.
 
John Deere lists them as a "3-in-1" blade. Sorry about my incorrect price info earlier, they are indeed $33 per set. I mis-read the JD parts catalog.

IMHO, either a 3-in-1 blade is an amazing breakthrough in blade design(discharges/bags/mulches) or it is a Jack of 1 of those trades.....and not a master of all 3:0)
Most likely the latter. Or at best, so-so for all 3. I would either run a lo-lift, hi-lift or mulch blade for the specific mowing option I chose.

But that's just me:0)
 
The corrosion seems to be from months of outdoor storage, on a fertilized lawn.

The important point here is the actual production date/year of your new JD. When you find that out through the serial number, your concerns should be satisfied.

Check it though your serial number and then you decide on your next step. My guess is that the stated model year is correct.
 
What do you expect a John Deere dealer is overpriced anyway!

Maybe in your area and in some areas you have dealers from every manufacturer are insane on pricing.
I have one JD dealer in the 100 mile radius from me that uses the JD msrp pricing list like it is a golden book and cannot use any other pricing, but my dealer is very competitively priced and takes care of their customers.

I wished the OP would come back with a photo after use and tell us what year model that machine is.
 
Back
Top