Brand new 2022 Z254F - right handle stiff during 1st cut

djlucas69

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Brand new 2022 Z254F - right handle stiff during 1st cut
So I had an RZ5426 for years & years, loved that mower. Just purchased a Z254F and right from the jump the right handle (as I sit) is super stiff, the left side moves normally but I am really fighting with the right side. It was super-obvious there is something strange happening from the first seconds using it. Looking online I see a lot of questions about handle stiffness in general, but something brand new w/ 0 hours on it I cannot find this specific problem. It really feels odd and very jerky, I can hardly cut in a straight line, and by the end of summer I should have a nice size right forearm from fighting w/ it.

Also does not seem to be moving forward at the same speed as my RZ5426, seems quite a bit slower which doesn't work for me. After $3,500 I am not a happy camper. All of the components that needed to be assembled before cutting where already installed by someone prior to delivery.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? For some reason I'm thinking it's not something as simple as needing a 'break-in' period. Thanks so much.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If brand new then should be a warranty issue and will need to go back to the dealer so they can take care of it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The arms just move a valve so there is zero effort needed to go full forward to full reverse
This makes them almost uncontrolable as you would be always over correcting .
To counter this the makers add resistance to the levers moving at the lever.
In most cases it is just an air damper but some do have friction pads at the lever pivot
So look at the pivot bolt being too tight or the damper being bent or some obstruction .
You really should take it back and tell the dealer how bitterly dissapointed you are that they delivered your mower in this condition

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1649281174302.png