Engine bobcat procat hours

uk gardening

Threads
So far i have had 1 deck belt spring tensioner break, and thats it. The only thing bobcat need to do is strengthen the side chute. I think the machine is built like a tank. I changed my blades to eliminator blades last month in the uk, and they work superb on our grass. Normally the grass takes longer to rot away but since changing blades it is gone very quickly. Also alot less clumps as it chops grass to almost dust. So far so good with nearly 300 hours. If i get 1500 hours without problems then yes i will purchase another. I have used grasshopper aswel and they are also superb.

Altarboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder which auto oil filter would work on these Kawasaki engines?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder which auto oil filter would work on these Kawasaki engines?

I rarely question user Carscw's advice, but on oil filters I have ALWAYS stuck with OEM replacement parts. I use AC Delco on my Chevy truck, Motocraft on my wife's Lincoln LS and Kawasaki on my Gravely. I've just always figured the engine manufacturer designed and manufactured an oil filter that was thoroughly tested on the engines they manufacture and I trust that it will adequately protect my engines. I have seen cross-references for Fram, etc. that list all equivalent filters by brand for a specific vehicle, but I've never seen a small engine/auto engine cross reference. Maybe user Carscw will clarify how to do that.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I rarely question user Carscw's advice, but on oil filters I have ALWAYS stuck with OEM replacement parts. I use AC Delco on my Chevy truck, Motocraft on my wife's Lincoln LS and Kawasaki on my Gravely. I've just always figured the engine manufacturer designed and manufactured an oil filter that was thoroughly tested on the engines they manufacture and I trust that it will adequately protect my engines. I have seen cross-references for Fram, etc. that list all equivalent filters by brand for a specific vehicle, but I've never seen a small engine/auto engine cross reference. Maybe user Carscw will clarify how to do that.

I use wix filters because I think they are the best with napa gold being second.
What some don't understand is when you cross the numbers over your still getting a filter for a small engine.
If your looking for a cheaper filter don't go with wix as they cost more.

Go to any auto parts store give them your filter numbers and they can cross it to what brand you want. Only one I say to say away from is fram. They restrict the oil to much for a small engine.

The filter that comes on the engine is what you should use if your not sure if you trust any other brand to do as good as a job.

On my briggs 24hp twin I am going to go 3 oil change on the same filter. I put a oil cooler on it. Testing to see how good it works. My thinking is 100 hour oil change.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use wix filters because I think they are the best with napa gold being second.
What some don't understand is when you cross the numbers over your still getting a filter for a small engine.
If your looking for a cheaper filter don't go with wix as they cost more.

Go to any auto parts store give them your filter numbers and they can cross it to what brand you want. Only one I say to say away from is fram. They restrict the oil to much for a small engine.

The filter that comes on the engine is what you should use if your not sure if you trust any other brand to do as good as a job.

On my briggs 24hp twin I am going to go 3 oil change on the same filter. I put a oil cooler on it. Testing to see how good it works. My thinking is 100 hour oil change.

I must admit I had several mechanics(including the one I've been using for the last 10 years) that Wix were the best filter made(truth be known Wix probably manufactures several other brand names). That's cool putting that oil cooler on the Briggs(no pun intended:0)
Is there some kind of "kit" or did you modify the engine to attach one??? That' could become a real nice "add on feature" if manufacturers wanted to make a little more money on their engines. I could see how it could cut your oil changes in half!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I must admit I had several mechanics(including the one I've been using for the last 10 years) that Wix were the best filter made(truth be known Wix probably manufactures several other brand names). That's cool putting that oil cooler on the Briggs(no pun intended:0) Is there some kind of "kit" or did you modify the engine to attach one??? That' could become a real nice "add on feature" if manufacturers wanted to make a little more money on their engines. I could see how it could cut your oil changes in half!!

I made one. It is like what you would have on a car engine. Same as a transmission cooler.
First one I made I used a small 12volt fan zip tied to the cooler kept getting grass in the cooling fins.
The one now I cut a hole in the engine cover and used the air flow that cools the engine. Working on one now that will be part of the air intake to the carb.

Would be easy on a water cooled engine. Could just tap into a hose.

Some day I will come up with something that will make me rich.