Blowing Fuzes while Growing Weeds

No not the starter because the fuse blows when key is turned to run not start

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
Go out buy a a dozen fuses

Unhook every safety switch one at a time and try it.
I bet you shorted a switch out.

I don't work in a shop bit I build and repair my own mowers. So I can tell you how I would find the problem.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
The run position on the switch is where we have to start. If you have tested the switch and it is good, the next step is to unplug the fuel solenoid and, the hour meter and the PTO switch and see if the fuse blows when you turn the key to the run position. DO NOT TRY TO START. If the fuse does not blow, we know that one of these components is causing the problem.
 
Find where the charging lead comes out from under the flywheel and check for continuity to ground. There should be NO continuity to ground. If there is continuity to ground, your stator or charging coil whichever it has, could be shorted. Also if there is a fuel shut-off solonoid under the carburetor bowl, check that also for a short using the diagram that applies to your mower.
 
Find where the charging lead comes out from under the flywheel and check for continuity to ground. There should be NO continuity to ground. If there is continuity to ground, your stator or charging coil whichever it has, could be shorted. Also if there is a fuel shut-off solonoid under the carburetor bowl, check that also for a short using the diagram that applies to your mower.[/QUO

DING DING DING DING - DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING - DING DING DING DING

Well By George - I think We have a WINNER - 1 probe on ground, and the other probe in the wire lead coming from under flywheel to regulator - and brrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound from multimeter - WE HAVE CONTINUITY ON THE STATOR - Not Open Loop as should - Thank You Cashman, wasn't for sure how to check the stator. Without just replacing it - Don't know why I didn't think of Continuity Test - DUUUUHHHHH!!!! - Had a Brain-Cramp lol
 
Back
Top