Blowing compression out of carburetor. 10HP 28B707

Mower is running great now but I think I took a little too much off of the intake valve as I now have a ticking noise in the valve cover. Do I bother to get a new intake valve and go through the trouble of taking off the head again or just run it as is?
 
Mower is running great now but I think I took a little too much off of the intake valve as I now have a ticking noise in the valve cover. Do I bother to get a new intake valve and go through the trouble of taking off the head again or just run it as is?

Run it.

Walt Conner
 
You have the L head style engine .............. Did you lap the valves ???? If not you can lap them again or that one valve to get to the proper clearance if it's not but a thousand or 2 out of whack.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
 
"go through the trouble of taking off the head again or just run it as is?"

"If not you can lap them again or that one valve to get to the proper clearance if it's not but a thousand or 2 out of whack."

Run it

Walt Conner
 
Back
Top