Blower racks

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been thinking about getting a blower rack for my back pack blower. As of now I keep my blower in my truck box. According to me, it is very fast this way. Just drop the gate and strap the blower on instead of unlclipping and unhagning from the rack. When done, back up and drop the blower down on the gate (the gate is almost at the same height as the blower when it's on me). Any thoughts on this?

Threads
I've been thinking about getting a blower rack for my back pack blower. As of now I keep my blower in my truck box. According to me, it is very fast this way. Just drop the gate and strap the blower on instead of unlclipping and unhagning from the rack. When done, back up and drop the blower down on the gate (the gate is almost at the same height as the blower when it's on me). Any thoughts on this?

Although I don't have a blower rack, or even a backpack blower, I would say the benefit to keeping it in your truck is that as you said, it's faster. With a rack, it is more in the open so someone could potentially steal it, but then again you can lock it to the rack.

LoCo86

Threads

If you're not worried about someone stealing it or you're not running out of room, then leave it in the truck.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've been thinking about getting a blower rack for my back pack blower. As of now I keep my blower in my truck box. According to me, it is very fast this way. Just drop the gate and strap the blower on instead of unclipping and unhagning from the rack. When done, back up and drop the blower down on the gate (the gate is almost at the same height as the blower when it's on me). Any thoughts on this?

Although I don't have a blower rack, or even a backpack blower, I would say the benefit to keeping it in your truck is that as you said, it's faster. With a rack, it is more in the open so someone could potentially steal it, but then again you can lock it to the rack.

Trust me a Blower rack can be a lot faster and more secure. If your worried about someone stealing it don't be most are lockable. I'm running two BR 600s and a BR 200 and there all in racks and wouldn't have it any other way. The problem is most people tend to buy the cheapest rack they can find and they have problem putting the blower in and taking it out but if you buy a rack that is designed for the blower you are using it's a breeze to use and saves a lot of time.
Keeping one in a truck box is a good way to have one stolen, and I can put a blower in a rack faster than you can strap one in the back of a truck. It's also faster removing it because when I'm ready to use a blower It's walk up and with one pull start it right on the rack remove it and I'm gone.

LoCo86

Threads
Trust me a Blower rack can be a lot faster and more secure. If your worried about someone stealing it don't be most are lockable. I'm running two BR 600s and a BR 200 and there all in racks and wouldn't have it any other way. The problem is most people tend to buy the cheapest rack they can find and they have problem putting the blower in and taking it out but if you buy a rack that is designed for the blower you are using it's a breeze to use and saves a lot of time. Keeping one in a truck box is a good way to have one stolen, and I can put a blower in a rack faster than you can strap one in the back of a truck. It's also faster removing it because when I'm ready to use a blower It's walk up and with one pull start it right on the rack remove it and I'm gone.

Strap it into the truck? If you're doing that then you should just go ahead and get a rack.

mowerguy

Threads
Ric which blower rack do you suggest for the BR600s?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric which blower rack do you suggest for the BR600s?

Trimmer Trap $104 It's fast and simple. It's lockable. Pull the black knob and slides up and down to put the blower in or out and it locks it both positions. to put the blower in the rack the bottom sets on the two bottom pegs in the holes on the bottom of the blower, pivot the blower up and the orange clamp goes through the hole in the handle and slides down locking the blower in place, just reverse to remove.

ST-2 STIHL BR Series Blower Rack For STIHL 500 and 600 series blowers.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They also Have the ST-1 and the ST-3 for the 3 and 400 series Stihl Blowers. You should be able to get the racks through your local dealer.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ST-2 is the only rack designed specifically for the STIHL 500 & 600 Series blowers. Simply set your blower on the lower posts and pivot the top toward the rack, allowing the "sliding lip" to, slide under the handle. Complete installation by pulling the ball knob on the rack and lowering the "sliding lip" over the blower. The blower is secured at the top and bottom and will not move around.

• Extremely fast "in and out time."
  • Locks with a standard Padlock.
  • Heavy gauge welded steel construction is plated for corrosion resistence.
  • Mounts to open or enclosed trailers and includes mounting hardware.
NOTE: holds only STIHL 500 & 600 series ("Turtle" style blowers).
Does not hold BR300 & 400 series blowers .

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Ric!

I guess I will get some when the time comes.

I've been thinking about the Green touch ones. I allready have the trimmer rack from them and love it. I will take a look at yours tho.