Blade engagement lever/plate/cable

JRJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a YTH21K46 that the blade engagement lever just moves freely. I've looked at the diagram of it and the cable is connected to the plate. It all seems to be with the lever itself as the plate, cable, nothing moves or even tries to move when I move the lever except that the lever flops around now. The diagram does not show how the lever attaches to the plate though. Where the lever connects to the plate under the dash, the looped cotter type pin is still intact and it spins with the lever as well. I can't figure out what connects the lever to the plate and how it engages the blades??? (yes, I'm a blonde female) Is it all one piece that is welded and the weld gave?? Do I need a whole new lever/plate??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I believe that the lever is welded to the plate, as it comes as an assembly. The assembly will have to be removed to be repaired, either by welding or replacement. If it is just a broken weld, it would be much cheaper to have it welded than buy a new assembly, which will cost around $50.