Blade bolt won't turn against blade/blade adapter

smrella

Forum Newbie
Picked up a barely used TB360 that's hard to start and wont cut.

I noticed if I try to take off the blade bolt, it will turn and is stuck along to the inner shaft? but I cannot get the bolt off by itself. It just keeps spinning and making a grinding noise with the shaft.
The blade and blade adapter spin freely.

What exactly is going on here?

Thanks.
 
When you turn the blade bolt, does the crankshaft turn also? If so the grinding is there because you are rubbing the brake against the flywheel. If the crankshaft doesn’t turn, just the bolt, then to me like the blade bolt is stripped in the crankshaft.
 
A good impact should be able to loosen the bolt. Now the blade will need replacing as it key is sheared.
 
Sorry I didn’t get back to you, got called away on a job. Star is correct on the impact wrench. Might want to remove the spark plug and stuff a bunch of cotton rope into the cylinder. This will stop the crankshaft from turning.
 
If the blade adapter key stripped might want want to check the flywheel key. If they hit something that sheared the blade adapter could have also sheared the flywheel key
 
If the blade adapter key stripped might want want to check the flywheel key. If they hit something that sheared the blade adapter could have also sheared the flywheel key

Thank you guys. I will check the flywheel and the key for damage. I’ll report back when I get a chance.
 
Back
Top